There are two types of debt settlement software programs that are out there as it relates to where the software is stored. There is web based debt settlement software and there is firmware software that needs to be downloaded onto your computer. It really depends on how you look at technology and how you analyze risk. Neither solution is a terrible solution but each one of them have their positives and negatives.
Both web based software and firmware based software solutions are good solutions but both have their risks. It is important to understand the risks of both offerings.
Web Based Debt Settlement Software
- Web based software is stored in the cloud on servers that can be accessed by anyone that has Internet connection and a computer or smart phone with a password and username.
- The software company is liable for the security of the software and all the data that you put into the software.
- The software operates on servers that are maintained by professionals in the technology industry so that the software is available all hours of the day.
- Web based software companies are at risk for cyber attacks. This is uncommon but can and does happen.
- Web based software can malfunction and it can have nothing to do with your computer or be your fault.
Firmware Debt Settlement Software
- The software along with your data never leaves your home and your office and cannot be accessed by anyone with an Internet connection.
- The debt settlement firmware can be downloaded onto your local hard drive at any time if need be.
- All of your personal data is stored on your local computer and not on a server that you have no control of.
- If your local computer crashes you may never be able to get files out of that computer which means all your data could be lost.
- Firmware many times may not work on a certain home or office computers as operating systems are different and some firmware are not compatible with that particular operating system.
At the end of the day, the world has gone to web based debt settlement software is it is more convenient and safer for your data. However, it can be argued that if you dont want anyone seeing your data or even have the ability to see your data, firmware might be a good option.